Re: Future Debian CD plans
- To: email@example.com, Winfried Truemper <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Shimon@i-Connect.Net, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Future Debian CD plans
- From: email@example.com (Bruce Perens)
- Date: Sun, 19 Jan 97 12:17 PST
- Message-id: <m0vm3gV-00IQnQC@golem.pixar.com>
- Reply-to: Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com>
It's fine to produce an official CD as long as we continue to give away all
of the data. I assure you, as long as the only thing you need a contract for
is to _call_ it the Official Debian CD and to use our cover art, the GPL and
other licenses are not violated. Again, we would put up the ISO image for
everyone to use.
I've only heard from two CD manufacturers so far. They were both very
favorable. A third actually suggested the help desk, so I'm sure he'd
I think their motivation is that they would like to sell Debian against
RH and Slackware, and it is difficult to do so when Debian doesn't offer
the services that RH and Slackware do.
Bruce Perens K6BP Bruce@Pixar.com 510-215-3502
Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6 1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com