Re: this is a problem

> As soon as I get this 'spare' machine going, I'd like to help.  Is this
> thread about moving to ELF?

No, it's about converting from old style debian.rules explicit-diff
packaging to the more modern dpkg-buildpackage and orig.tar.gz
packaging.  I'll try and redo all mine this weekend (I've said that
kind of thing before though).  If you've got time, you might ask some
of the owners of packages that aren't done yet if they could use help
converting them (assuming you've tried it and know how it all
works... read the current policy/programmers guides for details) and
perhaps send them patches.

There shouldn't be anything ELF remaining in the system, now that uucp
got updated.  At least not anything we build from source...