Re: Problems with 1.2.1

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Fabien Ninoles wrote:

> > And what happened with our decision to split non-free and contrib
> > in stable and development as well?  We decided to do so, didn't we?
> >
> Yes! please.... :)

Why?

"contrib" has the status of "not maintained" software. Therefore
I would consider it as "unstable" anyways.

I view "non-free" and "non-us" as special sections - moved from
binary-i386 into a special place for legal reasons. Dividing them in
"-stable" and "-development" would consequently mean we should divide
"mail" and "x11", too.

With the scheme Lars suggested, we do not need to divide "-stable" and
"-development" for every subset of the Debian distribution.

-Winfried