Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

Brian C. White:
> * No bug reports older than 12 months at release time (bcwhite@verisim.com)

This is still debatable - some bugs are more serious than others.  Many are
requests for enhancements: these should be exempt from the 12 months limit.

> - Boot disks should contain drivers for more systems/cards (???)
> - Integration of modules, kernel, boot-floppies, & pcmcia (???)  [1]

I think we should take a look at the RedHat 4.0 install disks - they already
have a nice working initrd setup, all SCSI drivers as modules, etc.  As far
as I can tell, all their (RH) stuff is GPLed - we could even use some of it.

> - new XFree86 3.2. stuff -- involves all packages using X

Already done in rex :-).

Marek