Re: Shadow passwords and 1.3

David Frey wrote:
> > The reason I want to know is that shellutils supports
> > shadow passwords if you've got 'em, and I want to know if it's worth
> > compiling "su" to work with shadow on systems which use it.
>
> I don't know if it's worth the work. Shadow comes with it's own su;
> I think we should use shadow's su.

Either I remove su from shellutils, or I compile GNU su to work with
shadow, which makes shadow-su obsolete.  I really feel the latter
is the better solution, unless shadow-su comes with really cool
features which GNU su lacks.  The su manpage and info documentation
apply to GNU su, and not shadow's su.  That could cause confusion
for users.

--Galen