Re: Revised Virtual Package Names List

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

"Richard G. Roberto":
> Hmmm, I didn't see this.  The "dunc" package has a dependency on
> "editor" with a preference for ae, which sucks, but its on the
> install set.  The package should depend on an editor, but it
> doesn't matter which one.  Any ideas?

Don't depend on anything. Use first one of <application specific
configuration info, if any>, X resource (if it's an X program),
$VISUAL, $EDITOR, or /bin/ae (possibly within xterm) as the
editor. If even /bin/ae isn't found, give an error message to
user and ask them to install and/or configure an editor.