Bruce offline due to flood

Dear Debian Developer,

I am offline until further notice. My house was damaged yesterday by
water coming down the hillside above my property, and I'm cleaning it
up. I have no working computers at home for now. Please do stuff that
I would do (like building kernels and boot disk sets) so that the users
won't be inconvenienced by my absence.

We live in Berkeley, about 1000 feet above sea level. The rain has been
very heavy, and water accumulated on the hillside and a dirt road above
our property. My neighobors back yard slid about 6 feet, and the dirt
road slid into a retaining wall at the top of my property, which held
it.  The retaining wall at the bottom of my back yard tilted but held.
Water filled a subarea under my home, and then broke through a wall,
filling the entry hall to about 10 inches and destroying two shelves of
books. The water then went under a door to the garage, apparently not
doing much damage other than depositing a layer of mud on the floor.
>From there it went under another door into my office, saturating the
carpet to a depth of 1/2 inch and getting some equipment wet but
apparently not doing much damage (if any) to equipment. All of this
happened while Valerie and I were asleep upstairs.

I dried the carpet with a shampooing machine and have three turbine
blowers still running today. Water is still running into the subarea.
I have three sump pumps running to hold it off, and I dug a drainage
ditch around the house to divert some of it. I'm probably in for
drainage work in the $10K range to avoid another iteration of this. It
may continue to rain for some days. I'm hoping my back yard doesn't
slide.

I'll speak at USELINUX on the 9th. I'm not sure how useful I'll be
before then, so please do stuff that I would usually do for the project.
If I can get to work tomorrow I'll be on email, otherwise you can reach
me by phone:

	home: 510-526-7849
	work: 510-215-3502

Please remember it's Pacific time, and we generally don't take calls
after 10 P.M.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--