Re: Multi-binary packages and documentation directories

On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Enrique Zanardi wrote:

ezanardi >On Wed, 1 Jan 1997, Tom Lees wrote:
ezanardi >
ezanardi >> Also, not every binary package needs a copyright/changelog file, if it
ezanardi >> is provided by another binary from the same source set,
ezanardi >
ezanardi >True if the package without copyright file depends on the package with it
ezanardi >(even then a symlink would be useful).
ezanardi >Not true if you can install each of them without the other. For example, a
ezanardi >documentation-only package and the related executables package, both
ezanardi >of them should have the copyright file.

I considered copyrights etc documentation so far. My multibinary packages
with separate -doc archive only install the copyright file changelog and
the rest only when the doc package is installed.

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5