Re: Proposal: A config file for runlevels (DRAFT)

According to Lars Wirzenius:
> [ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]
>
> Winfried Truemper:
> > Serious: something difficult to understand is more likely to be messed up
> > than a simple scheme. No, I really don't see the "robustness" of links.

But. Everybody and his dog uses it. Why do we have to be incompatible with
that. If you do want that, fine. But then also get rid of all config files
in /etc, put that in a registry, and don't call it Unix.

> That doesn't mean we shouldn't work on making it easier to edit
> runlevel information. We should. But the tool should change
> the links, not modify a text file.

That's what I think.

Mike.
--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/