Re: Exim (was Re: Qmail)

> jgoerzen >>  * Internet only (no UUCP &c, unlike Smail and Sendmail).
> jgoerzen >
> jgoerzen >How is that a "feature"?  Lack of UUCP is a serious problem for

> Exim does not support complex bang paths like demanded by old style uucp
> networks. Exim DOES support uucp using domain names if set up properly.

Cool, OK, I guess I misunderstood what you were saying.  Sorry.

BTW, I don't know of any UUCP site that still uses "bang paths" (there are
probably still some in existance, I'm sure, but I'd guess they are very rare).

Lemme ask you a few questions about Exim, then:

 * Does it support using procmail as the default system delivery agent?
   (so users need not put it in their .forward files)
 * Does it support a file with compatible layout to /etc/aliases?
   I really don't want to have to rewrite that file as I have *lots* mailing
   lists hosted here.

Thanks,
John Goerzen

--
John Goerzen          | System administrator & owner, The Communications
Custom programming    | Centre and Complete Network (complete.org)