Re: Problems with TeX!

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> There seem to be some serious problems with TeX.  I am trying to use
> T1-encoding (common for international formats).
>
> I made sure that  I had all the necessary packages installed.
>
> First, I had to make some modifications on a file in the /usr/lib/texmf/web2c
> directory.  It then turns out that it was trying to make 1200-point fonts
> instead of 12-point fonts!  I found no way around this one automatically.  I
> had to manually generate the necessary 12-point fonts before it would work.

The naming of dc fonts in latex was changed in some version, the
12points was called dcr12 before but now is called dcr1200. The script
MakeTeXMF has not been updated which explain your problem.

But I have fixed recently this bug in the last mfdcfnt package. It
comes now with all suitable .mf files, so upgrade, be sure you do not
have any buggy files left in /var/spool/texmf/source.  Your change to
.../web2c/texmf.cnf is no longer necessary but should be harmless.

Regards,

Loic