"Freezing" non-free and contrib

Some time ago someone suggested to include the non-free and contrib
directories in the main distribution tree. Some acceptable
philosophical reasons were objected. However, we have to separate the
non-free and contrib which go with the release (rex) from the
non-free and contrib which are in development. This will cut many
questions regarding packages from non-free and contrib depending on
unstable packages. Many users "cannot find them anywhere in the
archive".

We should do this ASAP before rex and bo diverge too much. How about
non-free-stable, contrib-stablem and non-free-devel, contrib-devel ?

Phil.