Re: Shadow passwords and GNU su

> So I guess you won't be able to use shadow passwords then - the web
> server can't have access to shadow passwords, sorry.  It may be
> possible to use a setuid CGI program to do the authentication, but
> I think it's a local issue that shouldn't affect Debian itself.
> Shadow passwords are optional, so you have the choice...

to have shadow password optional - wouldn't that bring more trouble
than making shadow password standard ? so every program must be able to
handle both, shadow password and standart password. i yust think it
might be easier if every program is compiled for shadow password.

yust my 0.02

regards andreas