Re: Patches to create shellutils 1.12-6

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Guy Maor:
> No, it wasn't.  shellutils should use Pre-Depends and be essential.
> Lots of scripts will probably start crashing if it's not installed.

That should be fixed, then. It's still essential, but does
not pre-depend (since I didn't understand why it needed to be;
I really need to re-read the dpkg manual one of these days).

> BTW, why not upload it and set the maintainer to `(orphaned)'?  I'm
> pretty sure David Boswell isn't maintaining it anymore.

I'd prefer not to upload a package this important unless I can
be sure it works well, and I can't afford to do the required
testing (which is why I don't wish to become the maintainer).
If I break something, I'd have to spend some more time to fix
things.