Re: should high score files for games be conffiles?

> Um, wouldn't that mean users will have to choose between their
> own and the package's high score file for each upgrade? That's
> a lot of unnecessary questions, since they will always choose
> their own.

Probably true.

> Couldn't the postinst check if the high score file exists,
> and create it if it doesn't?

I do like this idea because it cuts down on the number of questions
raised, and it can also solve the problem of how to upgrade a game where
the score file format changed.

Only problem is, a lot of these games use binary files for their
score files, and the postinst would have to have enough code in it to
recreate that. Or it could copy a blank scorefile in from elsewhere, I
suppose.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -pi_______Syntax:_sig.pl_<location-of-netscape-program>_______
BEGIN{if(!$ARGV[0]){$^I=~y/_/ /;print"$^I\n";exit}$^I='.bak'}#       Joey Hess

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.