Re: could X remove the lockfile on reboot?

Hi Joey, You wrote:
 Joey>
 Joey> I have several boxes that boot straight into xdm. Occasionally
 Joey> I'll run into a problem where the computer gets shut down
 Joey> wrong, or a user just hits the reboot button, while X
 Joey> is running. When the machine next comes up, there is a
 Joey> /tmp/.X0-lock file that prevents X from starting up again, and
 Joey> this confuses my users.
 Joey>
 Joey> Could the X package have a /etc/rc.boot script that removes the
 Joey> .X?-lock file when the computer boots up? I've added this to my
 Joey> system.

Excuse me, but AFAIK /etc/init.d/boot (i think) cleans up all 'tmp'
dirs...

thks
borik

--