could X remove the lockfile on reboot?

I have several boxes that boot straight into xdm. Occasionally I'll run
into a problem where the computer gets shut down wrong, or a user just
hits the reboot button, while X is running. When the machine next comes
up, there is a /tmp/.X0-lock file that prevents X from starting up again,
and this confuses my users.

Could the X package have a /etc/rc.boot script that removes the
.X?-lock file when the computer boots up? I've added this to my system.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -i=-/*/~%*~%/~~%/~~~-/*/_/=~~~-/====~~! # jeh22@cornell.edu