More problems in latest install disks.

I tried the latest disks (1996-12-7), and there were problems:

1) During the installation of the base disks, when it gets to
unpacking them, a message appears:

  /target/etc/inittab:no such file or directory

If you launch a shell and check after the unpacking finishes, the file
is actually there.

2) The text in the module selection screens is messed up.  It looks
like there may be some spurious new lines.  Check the display for the
fs or net modules.  Some text is invisible until you put your cursor
over it.

3) /etc/makedev.cfg is broken such that MAKEDEV fails.  Apparently you
can't have a completely empty omit {} declaration.  I just commented
out the whole block and then everything was fine.

--
Rob