Re: Problem building new gimp package.

Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@calder.med.miami.edu> writes:

> Rob, could you tell me what versions of zlib, libpng and xpm you are
> using?  I have included shlib files in all the latest versions of
> those packages, so I need to know if I'm doing something wrong...

Actually I just installed all the latest versions from unstable, and I
got the following warnings on install:

Unpacking replacement xpm4.7-dev ...
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so', which is also in package xpm4.7
Preparing to replace xpm4.7 3.4g-7 (using xpm4.7_3.4g-7.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement xpm4.7 ...
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 trying to overwrite `/usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so', which is also in package xpm4.7-dev

Versions were:
 Setting up libpng1-dev (0.89c-5) ...
 Setting up libpng1 (0.89c-5) ...

 Setting up xpm4.7-dev (3.4g-7) ...
 Setting up xpm4.7 (3.4g-7) ...

 Setting up zlib1-dev (1.0.4-3) ...
 Setting up zlib1 (1.0.4-3) ...

And it didn't solve the shlibs problem:

-- Running dpkg-shlibdeps on ELF Binaries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libpng (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libpng.so.1.0.89c, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libz (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libz.so.1.0.4, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libtiff (soname 3, path /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.4.035, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libz (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libz.so.1.0.4, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libXpm (soname 4, path /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4.7, dependency field Depends)

Thanks
--
Rob