Re: Where is debian-changelog mode?

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> Anyway, where can I get ahold of debian-changelog mode for Emacs?  It
> doesn't seem to be in the emacs package or in the dpkg-dev package.
>
> Thanks in advance.

The debian-changelog-mode.el file is in dpkg-dev:

chrish@pianocktail:[~] >dpkg -S debian-cha
dpkg-dev: /usr/lib/emacs/site-lisp/debian-changelog-mode.el

You might need to add something like this to your .emacs file to make it
work...

(autoload 'debian-changelog-mode "debian-changelog-mode" "Major mode for editing Debian-style change logs." t)

(add-hook 'debian-changelog-mode-hook
          (function
           (lambda ()
             (make-local-variable 'add-log-mailing-address)
             (setq add-log-mailing-address "chrish@debian.org"))))

Of course, you replace "chrish@debian.org" with *your* address...

   Christian