Re: SysLinux

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> Peter Anvin has SysLinux working with bzImage and initrd. He hasn't
> released it yet. Once he does, we can go back to the MSDOS filesystem
> on the boot floppy.

why would we want to?

minix gives us long file names, msdos doesn't...makes it easier to have a
combined boot/root disk which can be used on low memory systems (i.e. no
ramdisk)

i'd rather use minix and lilo than msdos & syslinux.

(this is more of a philisophical objection than a technical one - debian,
or any version of linux for that matter, shouldn't need msdos to install)

Craig