Lars' questions on the 2.1 standard

From: Lars Wirzenius <liw@iki.fi>
> 1. I install the dwww cgi script as /usr/lib/debian-www/cgi-bin/dwww.
>    In the dwww.postinst, I install the link /var/lib/debian-www/cgi-bin/dwww
>    pointing at /usr/lib/debian-www/cgi-bin/dwww, and run
>    /usr/sbin/update-debian-www, if it exists.
>
> 	Question: Should I always install the link?

Yes.

Yes. We can put a page in http:/debian that links to it.

> 3. Manual pages, and files in /usr/doc are to be served through the
>    dwww cgi script (they're now sometimes accessed directly via a
>    "file:" type URL, but this makes it impossible to have the documents
>    accessed remotely).

We provided a direct pathname to make these accessable. You should be able
to access them as http:/debian/ROM.usr.doc/<filename> . WN and other web
servers that need index files will install them there when you call
update-debian-www.

> Question: is this new WWW standard going to be part of 1.2 or 1.3?

I think we should roll it out in 1.2, as there's no standard at all now.

	Thanks

	Bruce