Re: Lars' questions on the 2.1 standard

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Bruce Perens:
> We provided a direct pathname to make these accessable. You should be able
> to access them as http:/debian/ROM.usr.doc/<filename> . WN and other web
> servers that need index files will install them there when you call
> update-debian-www.

Ah, OK, sorry, should have read it better. Question: do all the
web servers or browsers support .html.gz?  (I don't know whose
job it would be to uncompress things.) If it goes through dwww,
then this is not a problem. I've only tested cern and lynx,
and they work.

> > Question: is this new WWW standard going to be part of 1.2 or 1.3?
>
> I think we should roll it out in 1.2, as there's no standard at all now.

I'm having trouble with my English, so please excuse this
clarification: this means that it will be part of 1.2? I want
to get this clear, because I may have to reduce hacking time
for the next few weeks, and if we want a working dwww in 1.2,
I may have to postpone some other projects.