Re: Debian WWW standards version 2.1

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

bruce >If other systems do not support multiple cgi-bin directories this
bruce >is a problem. NCSA at least supported subdirectories of cgi-bin.
bruce >Feedback, anyone?
Apache does to my knowledge too. WN also does but insists that
the cgi-bin path ends in ..../cgi-bin/filename.

I am working on a patch.

bruce >
bruce >> WN needs to have index files in those [ROM] hierachies. I need at least
bruce >> to be able to write files index and index.cache when update-debian-www is
bruce >> called.
bruce >
bruce >At the very least we can serve them via a CGI script, but do please
bruce >keep on reading the manual.

Ok. I went through it but could not locate anything there. I definitely
need to go through the /usr/lib/debian-www stuff and generate
index and index.cache for all directories. I think that is ok since it
only needs to be done when upgrading.

Forget about /usr/doc though. That must be done via cgi-bin scripts for
WN. Does dwww need direct access?

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5