Re: Faster release schedules

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, Brian C. White wrote:

> The current plan is 2 months of "unstable" and 1 month of "frozen"
> before release.
>
> If you want a 6-week schedule, I think the way to do it would be to
> have only a 6-week "frozen" period.  At the release of a new "stable"
> version, the current "unstable" would be frozen.
>
> Comments, anyone?

I think the current plan is just fine. A 6-weeks schedule makes it hard to
implement wide-ranging changes (like PAM, say)... IMHO 3 months is
perfect.

Hmm. Actually there's a way to have both "3 months schedules" and to have
shorter release schedules than what we have now... We just have to stick
to the (3 months) schedules we give ourselves. :-)

  Christian