Re: stability of non-free?

Guy Maor <maor@ece.utexas.edu> writes:

> A better idea would be to add a line to the package's description.
> `foo depends on bar, which is currently only in the unstable
> directory.'

The best solution is to change the directory heiracrhy so that we have
either:

  debian/rex-non-free
  debian/rex-contrib

or

  debian/non-free/rex
  debian/contrib/rex

or something.  We need to make the same distinctions in the non-free
and contrib trees that we do in the normal tree.  I know there are
arguments for not having these things directly under rex (CD
distributors?), but this approach avoids that problem.

--
Rob