Re: WWW close-to-final proposal changes in response to criticism

I am still not clear on what you are trying to do here. I asked for
clarification since I did not see how the approach can work at all.

Having the link in /var/web/ROM whereas the root of the tree is
/var/web/webspace makes ROM inaccessible. The last message again is
confusing. Traditionally /var/web/webspace was the root and I think you
are assuming /var/web is the root. There was never any "webspace"
directory in server root which you are now generating. webspace used to be
the location of the server root and all URL were thus relative to it.
cgi-bin was moved out of the server root and handled specially for
security reasons.

To repeat: We need a clear association between names within webspace and
directories webtools install their stuff in.

Please tell us what the fixed URL will be used to access /usr/lib/web/X.
Or tell us the way they are to be accessed. Dont misunderstand me that I
am demanding entire access. But HOW do you access it IF you have access?