Re: Documentation formats

> Options for our policy include:
>  1. Specify one or two particular preferred target formats and
>     distribute those.  Leave the source in the source package.  So far
>     we have done this with documentation in Texinfo - we leave the
>     .texi files in the source package and distribute only the info
>     files.
>  2. Distribute the source only and a converter.  This has been done
>     with manpages, and with the Perl `pod' documentation.
>  3. Distribute the source and one target format for people who don't
>     have or want converters.
>  4. Do something fancy with Lars's documentation viewing stuff.  I'm
>     sure Lars will tell us about this.
>
> My inclination is to go for 4 with 2 or 3, if that makes sense.

And get rid of the .info files, using w3-el on texi2html .texi files. Sorry
but this isn't very fast on an 8mb machine.  It might be that I don't
understand the above, but for me w3-el via texi2html on the fly is a very
fast and therefore unwanted alternative for the info-reader in emacs.  I
presume quite some others agree with me.

Erick