Re: Emacs per-package startup files

> OK, so we've decided to have packages put their Emacs startup stuff in
> a directory, with one file per package.
>
> The directory obviously ought to go in /etc, and the files made
> conffiles, so that the sysadmin can reconfigure things.
>
> /etc/emacs/site-start.d ?

Please wait a minute.

How will these files be read.  In alphabetical or fileposition order?
Some scripts written in these might work only properly if some other
script is executed first.  I can't come up with some proper example
but I can imagine that this might be very true.  This will force us
to scan the files several times and execute what is in there only if
some specific other scripts are executed earlier.

Sorry not native english speaker, so the above might be too cryptic,
but I see some problem here.  We might be better of with some script
modifying a file like install-info does and have some order where
scripts can be put in that file (top, middle, bottom, or 0..9).

Erick