Re: binary-alpha and binary-sparc directories

   Ian Murdock:
      I doubt there'll be a substantial number of architecture-neutral
      packages; we can either copy or link them into all of the trees.

   I suppose this depends on what you mean by substantial...  Here's a
   list of packages that appear to be architecture-neutral, by cursory
   examination on my system.

Yes, you're right.  I'd say that this is a substantial number of
packages, and we do need to think about how to best deal with them.

We probably don't want to make people download packages from two
different trees.  We could, however, have a binary-common directory
and make links from each of the architecture-specific packages into
it.