Re: menu generated windows manager files

> now that we can generate the menu file for most windowmanagers,
> a) why are there no icons ?
> b) why are we having a menu generated selection but invalid settings for
>    fvwmbutton & co ?

I feel that this is up to the sysadmin or user to take care of.
Fvwmbuttons config is a pretty personal and individialistic thing.
Fvwm should probably not have fvwmbuttons buttons for programs that might
not be installed (like netscape..) but should just have a few buttons for
stuff we know is installed (ie, xterm). If the user wants more, they can
add the buttons themselves.

> yust two things i don't like yet.
> (what about a standart icon directory and a standart package to provide
> icons, and patching menu or the windowmanagers to check whether the icon
> is there and use it its there ?)

Isn't there some large collection of free icons out there? I forget the
name of the package, but it's not part of debian yet. It would be a good
starting-point, though.

Some packages may want to provide their own icon for the menus, for
example, dosemu already provides an icon in its package that's used in
the menus.

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -pi_______Syntax:_sig.pl_<location-of-netscape-program>_______
BEGIN{if(!$ARGV[0]){$^I=~y/_/ /;print"$^I\n";exit}$^I='.bak'}#       Joey Hess