Re: dpkg doesn't change permissions on directories during upgrades?

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Joey Hess:
> Is this intentional? Or a bug in dpkg?

As far as I know, it is intentional. What happens if a package
happens to contain invalid permissions for, say, /usr? (Remember:
/usr is part of every package that installs something below
/usr.)

You're going to have to add something to postinst to fix the
permissions.