Re: docs file in debstd and compressing....

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@sci.fi> wrote:

neurochp >1) debstd tries to compress all big files in the
neurochp >   usr/doc tree.
neurochp >
neurochp >   However, fte, the app I'm debianisizing,
neurochp >   compiles it's configuration file from a
neurochp >   tree of human-readable files. The compile
neurochp >   will fail, as debstd has compressed
neurochp >   some of these files.
neurochp >
neurochp >   Either there should be a way to tell debstd
neurochp >   NOT to compress some of the files, or
neurochp >   then I should just put the human readable
neurochp >   files in a tar file and put a note in
neurochp >   the README.

Use the -c option to debstd to switch off compression. Then you can do as
you please with /usr/doc and still use the file moving automatisms.

neurochp >2) debstd man page recommends, that I should use
neurochp >   the file 'docs' to install documents.

Again debmake does not force you to do things its way. Just dont use
the docs file to install the documents. Do it on your own in the
rules file.

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5