Re: debmake & dpkg

> - automatically locate packages when just a packagename is given
>   (invoke ftp or whatever means configured to get the package)

Wouldn't this require a lookup somewhere to find out where to get
the file?  Where should this information be stored and how will
it be managed?

> - automatically install packages depended on by a package

This should be an option.  Some people run stuff in /usr/local
instead of .debs.  We should be able to force an install without
automatically installing dependency packages if we want.

Although I don't know what depends on it, I am still running the
upstream ypbind.  Probably not a good example, but you get the
point.

FWIW, it all sounds good to me.  I wonder how much of this is
related to the work Dale is doing on the dselect backend
interface?

Thanks

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com