Re: Problems with TeX!

>> For what it's worth, I've not had any problems with Debian's TeX;
>> if it ain't broke, don't fix it... What advantages does NTeX have
>> over ours these days?

Richard> Well, with teTeX the primary advantage here is that on all
Richard> the platforms here (Debian, SGI, Solaris, SunOS) TeX and
Richard> friends behave *identically*, with a centralized file base
Richard> and font sharing.

Good point.

Richard> As an aside, since my TeX comes from teTeX and not the debian
Richard> packages, is there any simple way to fake out dpkg (so I
Richard> don't have to --force dpkg when a package depends on tex) to
Richard> think I have tex installed?

The ``proper'' solution is to debianise teTeX.  For the time being,
how about making an empty local package, say fake-latex, which
provides tex?

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering