for debian 1.3, an extra dselect feature... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 15:03:05 -0700 (MST)
From: Eloy F. Macha <emacha@nmsu.edu>
To: debian-devel@lists.debian.org
Subject: for debian 1.3, an extra dselect feature...

Hello guys,

 First off, I just finished installing 1.2, and kudos to all of you. The
installation disks are much better than with 1.1, at least i think. Anyhow,
I would recommend that smbfs be implemented as an option to use for
installing packages, with that include smbmount to the base distribution.

Reason is, at least in my case over here, we have an sgi box ( no nfs
installed ). So, running samba on the sgi (server)  and using smbmount on
the client (the debian 1.2 box) worked fine, like a charm. (in dselect,
just used a mounted filesystem option...)

anyhow, my two cents worth.

Thanks,
-Frank

btw... plenty of bug reports since the release... what are the plans?? Go
straight to 1.3, or release a 1.2-fixed??? just curious...