Re: .bash_profile, the empty /etc/skel, and the first user

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Winfried Truemper:
> Uh-Oh. I hardly dare to mention the fact that I compeled Bruce to set up a
> mailing list for that issue several weeks ago ... (it's not been used).

Separate mailing lists for some parts are OK, but do not expect
all the relevant people to join them. It should be enough for a
developer to be on debian-devel and debian-private.

> Unfortunatly the locale-settings are done through the environment variable
> LANG and I know no proper way to omitt this.

You include references to the manual pages (or whatever documents)
for the various shells, and give examples in /bin/bash syntax (since
that's the default shell for Debian).