Re: Qmail

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Christoph Lameter:
> If we cannot package the sourc or binary it then lets make a diff-only
> package. I will probably need qmail next week or so for a new outbound
> mail host. I dont want to upstage anyone but if I have the time I will
> make a diff.

A qmail-package like netscape-package might be appropriate.

OTOH, I've been led to understand that the qmail authors don't
really want it to be distributed in any form until it's finished
(version 1.0). While it certainly sounds like a really, really
good program (compared to security-hole-per-week sendmail), perhaps
we should be polite and wait for the final release? Or at least
ask the authors if they oppose a packager package.