Re: uHm... what happened? :)

> Maybe they went into your logfiles ?

I checked them and I didn't find any messages.  Once the machine rebooted,
there were quite a few messages about EXT2-fs errors.  I just noticed
that syslogd is complaining about a Bad file number about a zillion times
since I rebooted.  Reinstalling the sysklogd package seemed to fix that -
probably another corrupt file.  :-(

> How long did you wait till you reseted the machine ?

It took about 15-20 minutes from the time that I started dpkg-buildpackage.

I don't remember it doing much swapping though.

Don't you just love these non-reproducible bugs?

Cheers,

 - Jim