Problem building new gimp package.

This is my first attempt at upgrading my packages to the new
standards, so bear with me...

I had the following errors:

-- Running dpkg-shlibdeps on ELF Binaries
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libpng (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libpng.so.1.0.89c, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libz (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libz.so.1.0.3, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libtiff (soname 3, path /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.4.035, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libz (soname 1, path /usr/lib/libz.so.1.0.3, dependency field Depends)
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library libXpm (soname 4, path /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4.7, dependency field Depends)

Am I correct in assuming that this is only because these packages
don't properly declare their shared libraries?

Thanks
--
Rob