Re: Release schedule

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

bruce >I am taking over control of the release from B.C. White. We are going to
bruce >do additional testing until we're sure the release works the way we like
bruce >it. We are not going to release a system that's unreliable in any way.

It would be better if you keep talking with each other instead of
taking control. We wont get anything done if you do everything.

My comment:  I have never seen a perfect system. Lets try to fix what we
can but doing a major upgrade of a component for Debian 1.2 is risky.

Another issue are the bootdisks which are untested and I would suggest
keeping them out of Debian 1.2 too.

If you want both in Debian 1.2 then we will have a major delay.

PGP Public Key  =  FB 9B 31 21 04 1E 3A 33  C7 62 2F C0 CD 81 CA B5