Re: Qt's License

> > IMHO, a license like Qt's is long overdue.  It makes a fine
> > commercial product available to both X11 and Win32, yet it
> > provides a great mechanism to promote freeware/open standards
> > like Unix/X11 *over* propriety ones.  Troll's reasoning for
> > not allowing modified versions may not include this rationale,
> > but I am certainly tickled pink to see it for this very reason.
>
> Yes, make the commercials pay when it takes commercial development to
> create something.  Seems fair to me.

Fair does not necessarily mean good.  As a fledgling company, we have
very little money to spend.  Thus, our only real option is to write
our own or use something truely free.

If enough companies feel the same way we do, or would prefer to use
a different for-pay GUI system over this for-pay one, then Qt will
not be very successful.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )