Re: canonical distribution names?

heiko@ipf.de writes:

> Just I try to change the announcement addresses in dupload.  It seems
> quite complicated.  Do we have any canonical distribution names?  What
> distributions are expected in the changlog?    Perhaps Guy is the only
> one who knows about that -- Guy?  (or is some one else using the
> distribution code?)

I'm the only who knows, and I'm not telling!  You'll have to torture
me!!!

The distribution names recognized by dinstall (that's the program
which installs things from Incoming) are:
stable non-free contrib
unstable frozen experimental

No surprises I hope.  Announcements for those in the first line go to
debian-changes, second line to debian-devel-changes.  Luckily Dave
Morris also knows this and he's added it to the revised Programmer's
Manual.

Guy