Re: Xt xterm security hole

Larry Daffner writes:
[...]
 > 2) xanim (which is in non-free) depends on xlib (should be
 >    elf-x11r6lib)
[...]
 > The first 2 are only dependency issues, and I believe that 3.2-1
 > provides xlib which would fix #2.  #1 shoould be fixable by simply
 > fixing that dependency. So the only issue I see is #3, which is
 > cosmetic, but will probaby annoy people and cause questions.

I do not intend to make the xlib6 package provide 'xlib'. The bug in
this case is with the xanim package; see the policy guide.

Usual reminder: X client packages linked with libraries in xlib-3.1.2
should depend on elf-x11r6lib. X client packages linked with libraries
in xlib6-3.2 should depend on xlib6.

Steve Early