Re: Wanted: new dwww maintainer

Lars wrote:

> As I hinted in the announcement for dwww 1.2-1, I won't have enough
> time to finish the development of dwww. So I would like someone
> else to take over it. Preferably soon, of course.
>
> It's not really a complicated program, so it shouldn't be too
> hard for anyone. The biggest missing piece is full text searching,
> and first someone must package a free search tool. I'm afraid
> glimpse isn't free. It should also be converted to the new web
> standards.
>
> There's also plenty of small tweaking and bug fixing and
> reliability improving, of course. Quite enough to make your
> evenings busy for a couple of weeks.
>
> dwww has received plenty of favorable attention, and it would be
> a shame if it degenerated because of my lack of time. At the
> moment, I can't promise any updates on the package, except
> emergency bug fixes.

I'll take it.  It looks really interesting.  I haven't managed to
get the whole thing running yet, but I get the general idea.  I
think I am missing a piece or two (like dwww-txt2html).

I'd like to talk over some of the technical details (in private so
we don't bore the list with details).

Has anyone taken over Apache from Yves yet?  I think that's pretty
essential.

Cheers,

 - Jim