Re: qmail as debian pkg

Boris wrote:

> I don't c ANY copyright on qmail.
>
> But when i looked up in qmail-maling list archive i saw a Wishlist
> for 2.0 version of qmail that says:
>
> ______
>
> > *Any* copyright permissions would be a good thing.  As it is, if Dan
> > were to sue any one of us for copyright infringement, our only defense
> > is the existance of ftp://koobera.math.uic.edu/pub/software/qmail-0.91.tar.
> gz.
> ______
>
> so.. What do you do with software thet doesn't have a copyright?!

AFAIK, if there is no explicit copyright then there is a very
restrictive implicit copyright. You can do almost nothing with that
software! (You have to treat it as commercial software in fact.)
Perhaps somebody should e-mail the author showing him the benefits of
the GPL?

	Best regards,
--
Enrique Zanardi                                            ezanardi@ull.es