Re: Debian 1.3 suggestion

> > I think it might be nice to add a new field "Keywords" to the dpkg
> > control structure.  This would help to organize packages beyond the
> > section tag that currently exists.
> If we need to diversify the section tag, I think we can do it without
> "hacking" in another field.

Why is this hacking?  This would be the proper way to do it.  Using
existing information to guess keywords would be a "hack".

> I would think that, creating a means by which dselect could recognize that
> certain package dependencies are met by programs in /usr/local, would hold
> a higher priority.

This is irrelevant to whether the idea has merit or not.  Besides which,
I would guess that adding a new field to the control file is trivial.

                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )
 Generated by Signify v1.01.  For this and more, visit http://www.verisim.com/