Re: I18N for Debian 1.3? (Or 1.4?)

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> [ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]
>
> One of the things that most people outside the US and UK have to
> deal with is configuring everything so that non-ASCII characters
> and other locale specific stuff works right. For example, bash needs
> a ~/.inputrc so that you write åäö on the command line, instead of
> getting beeps. Emacs needs some other stuff.
[snip]

> Does this sound like a reasonable goal for 1.3 or 1.4?

Yes! Please, let us do this for 1.3! This is really an important issue for
all non-english-speaking users. If we want our OS to be easier to install
and setup for novices, this is the first step.

Cheers,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz
           / o \__   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@debian.org,