Re: Setuid

> This same thing applied to all packages linked against svgalib, including
> ghostscript.

What I've done with gs is make it _not_ setuid by default.

I did, however put a note in /usr/doc/gs/setuid (*) explaining that
it isn't a good thing to do, but one might want to make /usr/bin/gs.real
setuid, if your system  isn't intended to be very secure etc.

Is this kind of behaviour acceptable? (I hope so!)

(*) Hey, I just notice I didn't gzip that one!

joost witteveen
Use Debian/GNU Linux!