Why man is man and not mandb ?

[resent due to lists failure. Sorry if duplicate]

The upstream package  mandb-2.3.10  is debianized as  man_2.3.10

Can anybody tell me the reason of this change in the name?
Maybe Bruce, that originally packaged it?

I have a bug opened (a minor one, anyway) that could be solved simply
using the original name (being the whatis searching sensible to the word
"man" as the name of a directory).

Thank you

ciao,
Fabrizio
| e-mail: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@debian.org         |
| http://megabaud.fi/~fpolacco/   Join the UKI Linux Project! |
| fingerprint 70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63 7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger: fpolacco@megabaud.fi    fpolacco@master.debian.org  |